Herman Cain, Republican Presidential Candidate contender, is leading in the polls. Unfortunately, a story has surfaced about Cain settling some sort of sexual harassment suit 12 years ago.
This is the first time in many years I’ve had the time to keep up with the details of a political campaign. It’s easy to see why politicians complain of conspiracy and smear tactics.
It’s All About Romney
After the October 11 debate, The New York Times headlined their story “Romney Looks Past Rivals as Debate Focuses on Economy.” The Washington Post story was titled “Mitt Romney solidifies his front-runner status in Republican debate.”
News coverage pointed toward Mitt Romney. The polls, however, pointed toward Herman Cain.
At that time and now, I feel that the powers that be in the Republican Party want Mitt Romney. Watching the debates, my guess is that they want Mitt Romney as President and Michele Bachmann as Vice President. Bachmann has been awful nice to Romney in the last two debates.
Although he’s currently winning in this thing we call a primary, Cain is clearly not meant to win by whomever or whatever really determines the candidates.
If this primary were truly a mano a mano competition (instead of a dinero a dinero competition), Cain, with a grand fire trine in his horoscope, could boil the watery Romney in barbeque sauce, shred him like pork and eat him between a sesame seed bun. The mutable sign-filled Rick Perry could easily be shredded into cole slaw and put on top.
Unfortunately, one man full of fire can’t burn through an entire foundation of politics. I suspect Cain will go down fighting. But I suspect he will go down.
Nine Career Options for Herman Cain
When Cain gracefully or not so gracefully accepts that Romney is the chosen one, here are nine careers that might suit his personality as he moves on.
- Author. Banking on his 9-9-9 tax plan, Cain could publish a series of books with the magical number “9” such as “9 Traits of a Successful CEO” or “9 Tips for
Running for President.”
- Motivational speaker. Cain is a fiery orator. He’s got the energy and passion of a motivational speaker, including of the religious sort.
- Boxer. Cain may be too old to start on this career path, but fire likes to fight.
- Traveling minstrel. Cain’s Sagittarian sun, Mercury and Venus likes to move around. Mars in Leo loves to tell stories.
- Adventure tour guide. Fire is adventuresome. Taking responsibility for others’ welfare in dangerous settings will appeal to this man.
- Firefighter. Hey, with so much fire, why not go to the fire?
- Head of a nation other than the US. Maybe the US can still take down Cuba and elect a governor of the island.
- Sports team owner. Fire loves sports and owning a team fits with Cain’s executive abilities.
- Military commander. It may be too late for this career, but fire and executive
ability make fine officers (and gentlemen).