Each year the sun returns to the sign and degree of your birth (such as 12 degrees of Leo). That is called your solar return. It’s better known as your birthday.
Barack Obama’s solar return this year (in Washington, DC) was 3 am on August 5.
Casting a chart each year for the exact time the sun returns to its natal placement is called a solar return chart and it describes themes for the coming year. Since we have Obama’s time of birth, I can cast the solar return. I don’t know where he was on his birthday, so I cast it for Washington, DC.
Themes of the year:
- The solar return sun is in the 2nd house of money conjunct Venus and the solar return moon in Libra is in the 5th house of romance & children. Obama will be spending money on family this year, possibly lots of money. Leo and Libra like nice things.
- Solar return Mars in Cancer in the 12th house suggest energy directed toward family. In the 12th house, it indicates something hidden. I’m wondering if the Barack’s are planning another child.
- Solar return Uranus in Aries in the 10th indicates impulsive acts in the career or public eye. Obama may be venting some anger publicly.
- Solar return Pluto in Capricorn in the 7th indicates some very difficult relationships involving control. Flare-ups occur in January.
- Solar return Neptune in Pisces in the 9th indicates interest in spirituality and some impressionability regarding beliefs. There may be some travel to a spiritual place or place that provides a blissful feeling from the past.
- Jupiter transiting 3rd house and solar return Mercury in 3rd house indicate clear, practical communication. No time for poetry. Talking more in “facts.”
- Solar return Saturn in the 4th suggests problems at home with relationship. Maybe that’s what the spending on family is about.
- Solar return Jupiter in the 11th is about sharing money/assets with a group
The grand cross occurring right now with Pluto (Capricorn), Mars (Cancer), Saturn (Libra) and Uranus (Aries) is affecting us all. This is a cardinal cross that creates relationship conflicts between authority, family, you and me. It’s your inner and outer world and the balance between the two.
Obama, like everyone else on this planet, is trying to balance personal and family life. I have an image of him buying a vacation hideaway.
Leo Obama loves attention. But maybe his family doesn’t care for the spotlight as much.
Could be wrong but believe Obama was in Chicago for his 2011 birthday/solar return.
Thanks for the correction.