To be honest, I feel a little sorry for Republican Presidential Candidate, Mitt Romney. He had a hurricane blow in on his convention and a hurricane blow in as he was on an upswing. That’s not to say a hurricane-less race would have provided a win for Romney. But if you believe in omens, and cross-my-heart-hope-to-die-stick-a-needle-in-my-eye I don’t, you might say the Gods were against him.
Romney is a Pisces, a sign fairly associated with suffering and victimhood. Romney might be feeling kind of sad but there is another way to look at the situation. Now that this “running for president” thing is over and he’ll be at his retirement age of 66 next March (since Paul Ryan wasn’t able to change it to 70), he can just take it easy and let the mantle of responsibility fall from his shoulders like leaves falling off a tree during a windstorm.
Now Karl Rove, on the other hand, won’t be at retirement age for three more years and still needs work. An NPR news story I heard this evening discussed how Rove got some big checks from donors for Romney’s campaign. When you ask folks for $10 million and don’t deliver, they sometimes cease doing business with you.
The Textbook Ambitious Capricorn
Rove is a Capricorn sun, Cancer moon. Capricorn is all about what Rove is known for – ambition, success, drive, calculation and career life. His moon is all about the opposite – belonging, togetherness, personal emotions, nurturing and home life.
Where is this moon hiding? Or maybe that’s why Rove is standing next to politicians but not one himself – Cancer is too sensitive for the criticism.
Rove also has Venus and Mercury in Capricorn so he likes to socialize with people of high social status. Outside of work associates, Rove may not have a hang-at-the- bar buddy (although moon in Cancer may have some close family relations). Venus in Capricorn can appear snobbish.
Uranus is also in Cancer which suggests volatile emotions erupting alternately with Capricorn coolness. He may hear, “Remember when you got angry and smashed the plate,” and have no memory of it. Capricorn rarely admits to crazy impulsive emotions.
Rove has some interesting T-squares in the chart with Saturn and Neptune in Libra creating squares with Capricorn and Cancer. These are all cardinal signs which reflect Rove’s ability to motivate, initiate and get things done.
Jupiter is in spiritual Pisces, Pluto in Leo (the “Me Generation” placement) and Mars in Aquarius (the independent rebel).
Let’s see – we’ve got Pluto transiting Capricorn squaring Uranus transiting Aries which pretty much interferes with most of Rove’s chart. Then there’s Neptune transiting Pisces hovering over that soothing Jupiter in Pisces.
Rove may be looking for a new herd to join. A quick glance at Wikipedia suggests Rove has already found a new family herd, marrying this year. He may also be looking for new work and social associates.
What new career would suit Rove’s chart and transits well?
Five Career Options for Karl Rove
- Owner of a bar & grill. With moon and Uranus in Cancer, there is a love of food and beverage, sloppy and greasy food, what we today call “comfort food,” but which was, in my day, regular old food. Although Capricorn likes expensive things, Cancer likes food that evokes images of mom. Expensive comfort food is quite chic right now.
- Animal trainer. The ability to alternate between controlling and soothing is perfect for work with wild animals. This recommendation was not influenced by Rove’s work with politicians, I swear.
- Clothier. It may be time for Rove to promote his own brand rather than others’ brands by creating a line of professional wear with his name on it. We all remember Yves St. Laurent but ask someone on the street to name a political consultant. Can they do it?
- Divorce lawyer. Capricorn cool, Cancer emotional understanding and Libra focus on partnership are the perfect traits to assist the irreconcilably differentiated in their splits. I’d hire him.
- Politician. Why stand next to the man on the top of the ladder when you can be there yourself?