You may be wondering if New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner is mad (“mad” like in hatter).
The short answer is: yes.
When Neptune conjuncts your natal Saturn (in Pisces) and opposes your natal Mercury, Uranus, sun and Pluto (in Virgo) you begin to see things a little, how shall we say it, differently. Your vision blurs.
Weiner isn’t the only “sex scandal” candidate running for New York office. Eliot Spitzer of call-girl fame is running for comptroller. Both men have the self-absorbed moon in Leo which brings a compulsive need for attention.
Spitzer, however, has much more Leo in the horoscope and some talk-em-into-anything Gemini with Jupiter in Scorpio squaring Leo which can force others into action by sheer will.
Weiner, in contrast, is a worrying, anxious Virgo with nervous, toe-tapping Mars and Venus in Cancer which just wants to hide under a rug, mommy’s rug. Or maybe crawl in bed with mom during that awful thunderstorm which sounds like a confederate infantry coming to invade the house.
The current transit of Saturn in Scorpio is involving itself in Weiner’s natal Neptune (in Scorpio) and Jupiter (in Taurus) opposition. Weiner may simply be running for office because he’s broke and needs money.
That’s where OHA can help. Astrology does nothing if not helping people find the right career. Weiner needs help finding the right fit in this world before Neptune causes what’s called a nervous breakdown.
Five Career Options for Anthony Weiner
- Kindergarten teacher – Elementary school is a Leo moon’s playground because you like kids and the kids admire you. If you’ve ever had a group of five-year olds sitting in a circle avidly looking at you to see what you have to say, you will be hooked. It’s also less pressure than politics because the kids don’t know when you’re wrong.
- Biker – Virgo Lance Armstrong is also having some public relations problems. Weiner and Armstrong could swap roles – each other’s scandals are mollified in the different arena. Sex scandals don’t exist in sports and having blood transfusions doesn’t seem to come up in elections. Weiner seems plenty lean enough for the Tour de France.
- Hat seller – While this profession doesn’t really exist anymore, lots of retro things are returning like old TV shows. I’m speaking of large hats with feathers that you wear to church. Hats go on heads and Leo loves hair. It’s a great way to work with beautiful women in an innocent manner.
- Documentary Film Maker – Neptune rules film so it’s a good time to follow other political retirees to the TV screen. Rather than moderator or pundit, documentary film would help Weiner feel a natal Saturn-in-Pisces desire for contribution to the world.
- Psychiatrist – Rather than seeing one, Weiner might want to consider being one. Virgo is the clear-eyed diagnostician and Saturn in Pisces is the empath. Be sure not to take on the feelings of others in this difficult role.