The Most Intelligent Sign of the Zodiac is . . .

When I was young and someone appeared to be “the opposite of smart,” my mother and grandmother would say, “S/he wasn’t in line when God handed out the brains.”

Brains, then, were a quantifiable commodity, like sugar.

Human senses/traits we quantify:

• Intelligence
  • Eyesight
  • Hearing
  • Taste (I think)

Human senses/traits we don’t quantify:

• Smell
  • Touch
  • All other personality traits such as courage, honor, weakness, etc.

So when did we decide that intelligence was quantifiable and courage was not?

When I first participated in a role-playing game, I was surprised to learn that “role playing” wasn’t like acting but was actually about quantifiable traits. In the role playing game I was exposed to, you rolled the dice and gained “quantities” of anything from intelligence to courage.

The Myers-Briggs Personality Assessment attempts to quantify personality traits such as support, conformity, recognition, independence, benevolence and leadership.

No trait appears as quantifiable in tests as intelligence.

Like beauty or stubbornness, I see intelligence as a personality trait. Intelligence, like any other trait, provides us defense, comfort and safety. Or it doesn’t and we choose the opposite of intelligence for that same reason – defense, comfort and safety.

To me, intelligence has two forms:

• Analytical intelligence – this is the one measured by the IQ test and relates to cognitive ability
  • Perception – this is recognizing and understanding the emotional and physical world as it is

Sheldon Cooper, one of the main characters on The Big Bang Theory, has high doses of analytical intelligence (something like an IQ of 185, if I recall). Yet he can’t tell if someone around him is angry and that the anger relates to a nasty comment that he made.

Sheldon Cooper is analytical but not perceptive. His intelligence is a defense against the emotional world around him. His intelligence is so strong that it forms a shield. Yet he sees himself as working toward helping that mankind, the very mankind he wants nothing to do with.

The signs I see most intelligent in terms of analytical and perceptive intelligence are:

Analytical – Aquarius

Perception – Scorpio

Scorpio, to me, is the most difficult sign to fool. They see your every motivation regardless of what you say, what degrees you have and what others say.

With that said, every sign is intelligent is some way, to me.

Fire signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius) have intuitive intelligence. They see the possibilities and take the risks. Have you seen some product or service that’s made a bazillion dollars and think, “Why didn’t I think of that?” Maybe you did even think of that. It’s the fire signs or the fire in your chart that drives you to make the bazillion dollars, to convince others it can make a bazillion dollars.

Earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) have practical intelligence, from balancing the checkbook to solving problems in the workplace. The Sheldon Coopers of the world don’t do well in the workplace because you have to solve a problem now that isn’t perfect or ideal, but makes money.

Air signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) have idealistic, analytical intelligence. These signs live in the world of ideas and are associated with socializing. These signs prefer ideas to emotions and love any kind of categorization. Socializing provides stimulation of ideas.

Water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) have perceptive intelligence. They are the ones who understand your motivation and understand how you feel. In Chinese astrology, water is associated with intelligence. Water signs are connected to others and what is the world but others? The word “genius” in the West brings up images of Albert Einstein who was a Pisces.

About ohioastrology

I'm just another soul trying to make sense of the world. As I've grown, so has my understanding of astrology. I'd like to communicate that astrology is not occult and not fortune-telling but that it is a fluid, creative description of the life we choose to live.
This entry was posted in The most . . . sign of the zodiac and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

119 Responses to The Most Intelligent Sign of the Zodiac is . . .

1. Christine says:

Very nIce….

2. Vendox says:

I loooooove ma zodiac Virgo!

3. Catherine Jonas says:

I like my Zodiac Sign vvvvvvvvvv much,Aries u r d best! :)

4. Catherine Jonas says:

I love u Rk We r really compatible in dis sense Libra n Aries match rocks!!!!!

5. cristian mejos says:

aquarius!!!!

6. whitenigger says:

Virgos are the SMARTEST, but also the MEANEST.

Tauruses are the DUMBEST, but also the NICEST.

Capricorn is somewhere in the MIDDLE.

• John D. says:

Your ass is the “dumbest,” and so is your disgusting screenname.

Any time you want to go head to head in an I.Q. test, let me know, child.

• Claire says:

I’m sorry but your all wrong, lol. Capricorns are considered to be the most intelligent. And I’m not a Capricorn by the way so this is not a biased opinion.
      Scorpios are very emotional and impulsive. This has been researched and proven in astrological theory. Don’t believe me? Read and do your research.

• Send a link to the research if you have it. Would love to see it.

• John D. says:

I’d like to see this “research,” too. Please provide links or references. Thank you.

• Ash says:

I’m pretty sure the emotional traits of the sign don’t necessarily detract from their IQ. With that aside, what?

• Ryan says:

I’d like to see this as well. In corporate settings they’re fair, quick to help out, and have the rooted way of not backing down. They have clarity of vision (Two of my former IT directors were Cappy’s) , so I do not disagree with their intelligence in this regard.

It depends on what you’re quantifying as “The Smartest”, in which Cappy’s are not. Aquarius, Sag, Gemini’s fall into most-likely to be the smartest….in my opinion.

Now…

That said, the most brilliant sign I know is a Scorpio. She can dominate a room, rebut any conversation and intimidate anyone and everyone, Not only that, but she’s eas to get along with, and a super sweetheart.

She truly has it all.

She runs a HR firm, and absolutely does not take NO for an anwer.

So, to me, Aquarius and Scorpio run the table on even Leo, Sag, and especially Aries. I;ve known her over 30 years, and if we weren’t so close……I’d fear her…….HARDCORE.

Plus, she’s beyond beautiful. That might play a role as well.

Wan’t to see your data on Cappy’s Site link?

(My Opinions)

All the best….

Disclaimer: Pisces

• Enrique says:

LOL Caps are doers not thinkers.

• Take My Like
      Yes Virgo Are The Smartest But Also Meanest And Virgos Want To Live In The Place That’s Quiet,Peace He’s Like To Be Alone If He PLan Something They Will Be A Fake Friends From Everyone

• Ash says:

This is like a year old post but I just have to add this: Taurus is dumb? Where’d you get your info? Last I checked Leonardo daVinci was a Taurus. So is my science teacher. I suppose there’s Meyer but my guess is she’s just writing dumb books to sell, she’s not dumb herself.

Myself am Virgo.

7. Ty says:

Interesting, I myself am an Aquarius Mercury and Sun, with a Scorpio Moon. With all egotism aside, most people I come across tell me I am one of the most intelligent people they have ever met.

• What do you do for a living?

• Ty says:

I am only eighteen at the moment and work at Dairy Queen, haha. I strive to be in a successful heavy metal band with melodic and classical influences.

• Well good luck. I’m sure you’ll put that intelligence to use. Are u in school? I bet you’re rebellious. It’s good to remind the rebellious of the Trojan Horse. To change something you might need to go inside.

• derren says:

they tell you you’re one of the intelligent people they have ever met.

ok sure but what people are you surrounded by that tell you this?
      people from work @dairy queen?
      retarded people at school with average IQ’s to be confused with shoe sizes?

Hang out at any university and tell us if people still think you’re 1 of the most intelligent people they have met.

Have a nice 1

8. Ty says:

Another important thing to consider is that the element air in Astrology represents intellect. The three signs ruled by air are Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius. The planet Mercury rules intellect and Uranus rules intellect at a higher octave. The natural rulers of Mercury being Gemini and Virgo. The natural ruler of Uranus being Aquarius. Memory is an important part of knowledge and intelligence as well in my opinion. The Moon rules your memory and emotions. The natural ruler of the Moon being Cancer. The element water represents emotion. The water signs are Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces. From what I have witnessed, the most intelligent people are those of air Sun placements, air Mercury placements, and water Moon placements combined. I personally have all three considering i’m an Aquarius Sun/ Mercury with Moon in Scorpio.

• I find water has an instinctive knowledge that air signs can miss. I’d argue the world is not a rational place & water understands that. Air knows idea but water knows motivation. Scorpio is the detective where Aquarius is the scientist.

Combined it’s powerful. I wonder how sun scorpio moon Aquarius would be different. Then you’d be asking the moon to be rational which isn’t as comfortable. Moon likes Scorpio – it’d be like a feeding ground.

So your conscious sun is rational and your reactive moon is emotional which has a balance.

In Chinese astrology, water rules intelligence. They also have the element of metal and wood, but no air.

Interesting to compare one’s western elements with eastern.

• Ty says:

Fascinating. I have actually never looked into Chinese Astrology, but will do so sometime. I am actually joining something called Job Corps to become an Electrical Lineman rather than finishing school so I can fund my dreams. I have considered college, but it would consume alot of time during my youth, which i’d rather spend focusing on my real dreams. I am already partly through the process of attaining my GED. I am also currently working on my own Philosophy book that I write many of my contemplations into and hope to publish within a year or two. Some may think my dreams and methods foolish, but I carefully contemplate all important decisions and make up the details as I go. Some other placements in my chart include Taurus Ascendant, Sagittarius Venus, and Leo/ Virgo cusp in Mars. I understand that a Taurus Ascendant gives you steady hands and a good voice, which may explain why i’ve picked up guitar and singing so fast. I am also completely self taught in music and Astrology.

9. christian pittman says:

I feel that the smartest zodiac signs comes down to the outside of the box thinkers “flexible” there are four and they’re all connected gemini is polar oppisite “positive negative” to virgo but geminis oppiste is sagitarius and sagitarius polar oppisite is pisces and pisces is oppisite “none polar oppisite” is virgo so gemini,virgo,sagitarius,pisces

• christian pittman says:

Oh yea i’m a gemini my planet mercury and that Is as deep as i get about the planets ” hail mother mercury” the language planet and “what is the main thing about geminis?” is their words and what is the main thing about virgos idk but I’m positive words is not on the basics of a virgo

• I agree but also think there are different types of intelligence. Einstein was a Pisces who thought about time, something the average person doesn’t even consider. But if you asked him to lead an army and defeat a foe, that type of strategic intelligence may (or may not) have been difficult for him.

10. christian pittman says:

True but wasn’t Einstein a savant some parts of his brain were at a different level

11. christian pittman says:

Oh and really I’m only a 17 year old drop out who got a GED but i wasn’t stupid i quit bc of laziness i wouldn’t do anything bc i thought i knew it all and i do know a little bit about alot of things being a gemini but what I’m saying is i could have done better but one thing about geminis is they are supposed to be good at language but i never paid attention to the rules but I’m good at vocabulary something i should have noticed but if came down to a research paper or making up a story i would choose making a story but my best class was math but could have done way better in language arts but i still have my words and my natural none gemini math skills

12. Aqualoira says:

Interesting, I am an Aquarius and I always feel that smartest zodiac in my life.

13. irokat says:

I actually believe gemini is the smartest. I am a gemini virgo rising pisces moon. I also like scorpios and virgos.

14. Shakira’s IQ is140. And she is Aquarius. It makes a sense.

15. Christina says:

IQ isn’t even a real measure of intelligence. Throughout all of the replies I have not seen anyone agree with each other, I just think that everyone is not looking logically but more based on their self esteem and how much they want THEIR zodiac sign to be the most smartest. Everyone will say their zodiac sign and I guess this is normal for humans to do that but personally I think Pisces is the smartest zodiac sign, it’s just their nature. They are gifted in a wide variety of areas and also very intuitive and as Pisces is the last of the zodiacs it has a little experience from all of the signs which makes them who they are. It’s pointless arguing with that!

• Inmate47 says:

You’re arguing the lack of logical implementation by others in this topic.
      But with all kindness I have to mention, the structure of your own conclusions are profoundly impaired by the standards of logic.

Have a nice one

• If I were to write this today, I’d probably say there are different types of intelligence. But there is one that is measured (analytical represented by air) and I think a few signs do well there. But there is also water intelligence which sees through people’s motives. There are geniuses who can’t balance a checkbook (earth intelligence) and then there is intuition (fire intelligence).

But lots will disagree with this. In a way, it’s like saying all religions have the same god, which also creates strong negative reaction in some.

• mark95427 says:

By modern, cultural standards (e.g. The Education System), Aquarian energy performs optimally.

We’re soon heading into an Aquarian paradigm in which, by circular reasoning, prefers the achievements of this zodiac’s energy.

• What do you mean by we’re heading into the Aquarian paradigm?

16. Inmate47 says:

I am a Gemini and have never encountered an individual capable of mimicking the speed and depth of my analytical skills both on the field of logic and social interpretation

My brain has wired to learn by default.
    Without effort I learn and adapt with such high speed that it leaves people in total awe.

A specific skill acquired by an individual should not be represented as a symbolic conversion of intelligence.

Rather than measuring the knowledge and productions of people to determine high intelligence, the time taken for this consolidation is of higher value in estimating intelligence.

A normal test person would need a considerable time to notice usable information, a genius would take only a fraction of that time.

But only a true genius is able to convert this adaptability and accelerated learning ratio into universal fields.
    Logic, instruments, creativity, social skills or any platform requiring the brain to adapt, the true genius will excell in all.

I am a Gemini but my brain capacity is not necessarily dependant of astrological influence.
    I do continuously read articles about the Gemini being quick witted and specifically noted as very intelligent unlike other zodiac signs.

In my environment the smartest people I’ve known were always Gemini’s.
    Fast, reckless and logical thinkers.

Anyone has the right to disagree with my perspective but experience has convinced me, if you’re arguing zodiac signs concerning the intelligence department
    Think twice before putting any other sign before Gemini on that field
    Because that department happens to be our homebase

Have a nice day

• John D. says:

Fascinating. So you consider yourself a genius? And you believe your subjective experience qualifies your opinions as valid?

You’re already in trouble. But you sound pretty young, so there’s time for improvement.

• derren says:

It’s more evident than ever how you’re trying to keep up with my level with use of redundant language.

Your first sentence is completely deprived of any possible function regarding to objective value.
        It is by far the most pointless sentence I have encountered in decades.

Have a nice 1

17. Matthew says:

I would have to believe that Aquarius are the most intelligent.

18. walto says:

scorpios are most intelligent, hands down.. we also have the craziest, the richest, the funniest, and most attractive people. and then there is Taurus.

• Love it. Scorpios must rule the world then.

• Ryan says:

Ironic that Taurus is the opposite sign to Scorpio then huh? Yeah, you guys are highly attractive & funniest(Anne Hathaway), richest(Bill Gates), but William Shakespeare was a Taurus….yet so were Lenin and Hitler. All three of those Taureans were POWERFUL and I’d say pretty friggin’ smart. Hitler may have been cusp, but his charisma is arguably never to be matched again.

19. Andy says:

im a taurus and my gf is my oppisite sign scorpio, are birthdays are april 30th and october 30. we are equal. and god i love her so much. what i see. she feels. what i think. she understands. i love her so much.

20. Andy says:

wow some of you people are pretentious, thats sad :(

21. Andy says:

i think the smartest sign must be cancer. cuz i dont see any on here being pretentious on a web page about zodiac signs lol. for real, wanna be smart? get with your opposing sign. you will fill one another. just when you think your smart, you understand something new..its honestly wonderful i strongly recommend it :)

22. Andy says:

any good, smart, loveing person will make there sign shine anyways. You control your sign, not the other way around. Like im a man, im not defined by what the world tells me a man is. I am a man, and i define what a man is.

23. Ty says:

I may have met my intellectual match. I’ve been in a relationship with a girl for the past year and she is very intelligent. She had the highest test scores in her high school. Her placements are Aries Rising, Leo Sun, Taurus Moon, and Virgo Mercury. My placements are Taurus Rising, Aquarius Sun, Scorpio Moon, and Aquarius Mercury. Interesting that her Rising and Moon are the sgins of Mars and Venus, whereas mine are Venus and Mars. As well as the opposite Sun and Moon signs, with intellectual Mercury placements in both of our charts. She is very intelligent, but constantly talks about how she is average or medicore. I tell her I think she’s smarter than me, but she laughs and puts herself down. I have an IQ of 139, but I believe hers is higher.

24. srdjan says:

I am a scorpio and i have iq=150

• So what do you do for work?

• Ryan says:

The smartest person I know is high 140’s and a Scorpio. Mix IQ with feminine wiles and, watch out! I’ve never taken a formal IQ test, but I have some very smart friends and I keep up very well. I do Information Technology for a living.

• Yagadan says:

I feel as if you never notice true intellect until it just appears in great amounts. Never underestimate the “underlings” in the 120-150 range. They produce the world. The persons in IQ ranges lower do similar work, but not as much typically in quantity or quality or don’t care, and we in the higher are usually lazy or have too highbrow interests to have much pragmatic effect. SCORPIOS RULE.

• Ryan says:

I agree. My father is a Scorpio. He probably is in the high 130’s, possibly 140’s. I get my engineering/technology comprehension from what he taught me. He’s INTP in MBTI and little escapes him.

25. AquAriAn says:

Most people think being smart and intelligent is all the same, which is thankfully NOT the case. If everyone was smart there would be no solutions to a lot of problems prevailing in this earth -scientifically, politically and socially.

That being said, Aquarians, I believe are some of the most creative, intelligent and “out of the box” thinkers who are mostly lost within their mind. Aquarians interact with people to stimulate their minds even more and rarely indulge in small talks, which smart people kinda love doing or atleast attentively listen to just to show off their little pride and to hide their egos.

A true Aquarian would not care two hoots, whether the person is smart or not. What really matters to him is his freedom and independence to socialize, yes you heard that right, and if he/she is able to connect with someone on an idea, he knows that’s a lot more interesting thing to talk about rather than seeing the gadget the smart guy is trying to show off.

This may sound as a ramble, but having organized events, filed patents and worked on path breaking technology, I can certainly say that Aquarians are either Genius or lost in their own world. Either way they are aware of what happens around them, even though they might not tell and also lead the pack of rest of the Zodiacs by a couple of years of ahead.

Aquarian traits – Futuristic, Intelligent, Psychically Intuitive, Unpredictable, Knowledgeable, Hardworking(that’s why they are not smart!), Connect with nature, Patient, Independent, a perfect global citizen and always tries to learn wherever the source, Mindtalker (It maybe good or bad, but that’s only for finding the truth).

• I sometimes think the absentminded professor is an Aquarian sort. They can come up with technologies way beyond the present but forget to turn the car off when leaving it in the parking garage (true Aquarian story).

26. Luci says:

I am not an Aquarius myself but I am somehow surrounded by them and I have to say they are probably the most intelligent people I know. I found it odd that most of them were Aquarius and that’s why I decided to google if there was a relation. These all are people with great analytical and creative skills. They all seem to be really perceptive and rational and one thing I’ve noticed is that they really like to learn (by any means not just reading a book but by talking to people etc)

27. nvjnv says:

I do believe that your opinions are quite true though as a Scorpio………….What should I say? Pretentious, I hope not to be, but Aquarius does seem to be quite the virtuoso in may arts. In succession from there, I believe there would be the Virgos and Scorpio, which, in my subjective opinion(watch the redundancy), are the most intuitive. Intelligence is a fickle thing decided from frame of reference, that is to say, society decides for us the standards of genius, or any intellect at all. I, myself, possess a reasonable iq of 144, but that is a number, just a number really. True intellect is subjective. There is no difference between good and bad, crazy and genius, you or me really, but perception and that’s all there is to it. Good day, ohioastrology and ty, thank you for being consistent, God bless!

• I wrote this blog at the beginning of my blogship. Even though I still enjoy writing “what’s the most . . .” for fun, if I wrote it today I would describe how each sign or element has its own intelligence. In writing about lying, for example, I noticed how Taurus lies, a sign I hadn’t associated with lying. They simply lie best in their element – money and assets. The great money swindlers have Taurus. Taurus intelligence, then, relates to assets.

For me Scorpio is the most intelligent because of my own bias that true intelligence comes from emotional understanding. I don’t believe that people are rational and Scorpio, looking to motivation, accepts what’s truly occurring and is able to respond most intelligently.

I’m always highly impressed with Scorpio intelligence from my own intelligence vantage point.

28. Unknown says:

Very accurate . I’m a Scorpio. ;)

29. Cynical Saint says:

in my personal opinion, i believe a genius is a person who doesn’t waste any time stressing and focuses on living a long life. Zodiacs that fit this description are negative signs because they cope with negative environments very well unlike positive signs who cant stand negativity. Also, most old folks who have reached 100+ years are Cancers(Live in excellent memories) , Virgos(Nutrition Nutjobs) , and Capricons(Ambition & Adaptation drive these wicked goats to live long.)

30. jufrrk says:

I take it as such, working as theoretical physicist and software engineer, intelligence is equal to common sense and effort. IQ is nothing without those things and take that from someone with a IQ of 178.

31. jmm124567 says:

I thought Virgos were the most analytical?

• I’d agree that Virgo is analytical. If I could re-write this blog again, I’d note how each sign is intelligent in its own way. Virgo, like the earth signs, focuses its intelligence in material form. Aquarius tends to focus on society and maybe that’s why its intelligence is applied to to ideas that move groups forward. Scorpio is more like a detective and uncovers.

32. nvjnv says:

Really, though, for all practical intents and purposes, intelligence is subjective as well as truth. To put it in layman’s terms(with my meager iq of 157 here), our knowledge of everything is instinctual or human-based. That is to say, either it’s a survival instinct or human pioneers have done research and discovered such things they need to prevail. You see, this is all perception of the one who sees the world. It’s slightly different for us all. Really, however, we base our “knowledge and facts” on others’ opinionated discoveries that have a chance of being wrong. Even statistics are wrong, or at least their chances of such, when you factor this in. If you think of it, religion can’t disprove science, or vice versa. At any rate, Ty, I’ll want to see your marvelous iq. I don’t believe 139, perhaps higher, I suppose. The Flynn effect has taken action. Fluid vs. crystallized intelligence. Overall, the world is subjective and our fact is societal opinion, with our intelligence being worth absolutely nothing in the long run.

33. Anna says:

Actually, this is not accurate according to a study done by the Japanese.

星座別IQ
    105 双子座 蟹座 獅子座 射手座
    104 牡羊座 牡牛座 乙女座 天秤座 蠍座 山羊座 水瓶座 魚座

Average IQ for those tested are as follows:
    105 Gemini Cancer Leo Sagittarius
    104 Aries Taurus Virgo Libra Scorpio Capricorn Aquarius Pisces

Yepppppp.

• Ash says:

Wow, they actually did that? That’s pretty cool…but it looks like they all have around the same intelligence so there’s no smartest sign LOL (Can’t believe Aquarius is one notch below Gemini though)

• Ash says:

But then I think about it and realized none of the geniuses are in the higher notch @_@

Einstein – Pisces

Newton – Capricorn

Mozart, Beethoven, Darwin – Aquarius

Leonardo daVinci – Taurus

But hey, Dante Aligheri and John Milton are Gemini and Sagittarius…also my favourite writers! Yay!

Then there’s Rick Riordan who is a Gemini <.<

• I wrote this blog early in the blog based on my own perceptions. If I were to write it today, I think I would write how each sign has its own intelligence just as each sign “lies,” etc. But it’s interesting to see the discussion it generates from the way it was written.

While there are popular geniuses, I think genius is broader and like you think it covers more than just analytical intelligence. How many detectives or investigators get on the genius list? How many artists? How many computer programmers?

Thomas Edison (Aquarius) is credited with inventing the telephone but many say Nikola Tesla (Cancer) was the true genius and Edison got the credit. I’m not disagreeing with genius ratings, just saying that genius is more prevalent and those on the list are the top of the top.

I don’t know who made the comment on Taurus. When I was exploring lying, I thought Taurus liars would be difficult to find. But I found that Taurus lies within its domain – finances and assets. Ponzi (of the Ponzi scheme) had a Taurus moon. Bernard Maddoff is a Taurus. As with lying, Taurus might “genius” within that same domain of finances. DaVinci was certainly looking at the Taurus world of objects and trying to figure out how those objects worked. Einstein seems to have transcended the world of objects into the Pisces world of time and space.

As with Gemini, I think it’s simply more difficult to get them to put their genius into concrete form so their genius might not stick around for posterity. Our Taurus daVinci left us Taurus notebooks.

• Ryan says:

daVinci was an Aries. Non-quantifiable intelligence. Tesla (Cancer) is in my mind right there with daVinci in IQ. Over 200 in my opinion.

• Actually, I think daVinci was a Taurus. It’s due to the precession of the equinoxes that his April birthday was Taurus sun. Astrotheme has his moon in Pisces.

While I find Aries exceptionally innovative, it’s difficult to get this sign to focus on one thing long enough to develop it or get credit for the idea. It’s a frustrating sign that way – so many ideas, so few come to fruition. Aries needs a grounding element in the chart to make ideas real.

• Ash says:

Wait is this result only in Japan or globally? I think using just Japanese results may not correspond to Western people?

34. we the best says:

fuck all of yall cancer is the best

35. Brendan says:

That game where you, “rolled the dice”…
    Was maplestory wasn’t it?

36. mark95427 says:

Hello, earlier I mentioned something about an “Aquarian Paradigm”. By this I meant that in the Aquarian Age the type of accomplishments loved by the Aquarius will become emphasized by society. (This includes education, science, reform, progress, philanthropy, etc.). Thus we see industrialism and globalization in the works, and furthermore the rapid development of technology and science. It’s just that the Aquarius fits in better so we can call them smart now. Maybe because we’re in the Aquarian Age society idealizes intelligence.

• 12ih says:

No. Gemini is the sign of intelligence, gathering information and ideas, and making sense out of them.

Aquarius is all about taking it a step further. It has nothing to do with that.

Really, the Aquarian Age is all about taking it a step or two further from the intelligence gathered from the past that was founded in Gemini Age.

(I hope this isn’t offensive).

• Ryan says:

I agree with you. Gemmy’s often suffer from the somewhat common Aries way of never finishing what they start. Genius incarnate though, and can conjure brilliant ideas. Mix them with an Aquarius and they could possibly invent a way to charge for Oxygen, like President Scroob in Spaceballs.

Too many A.D.D-like traits.

Aquarius is like Virgo as far as seeing it to fruition. So you and I are in agreement when it comes to Aquarians going one step further.

A great team for a team(5) of entrepreneurs is Aquarius, Gemini, Virgo, Aries, and Scorpio. In the team I could assemble out of my friends, the Scorpio would have the most to offer; and she’s the only female in this aforementioned group.

She’s the most dominant of them all as well.

37. 12ih says:

How about we just accept the fact that all signs have their own strengths and weaknesses that make them better in some ways than other signs and make them pale in comparison to other signs? No single sign in the zodiac is the best at everything. We are all great in our own way and that’s what counts. So can we please stop fighting?

38. Ryan says:

Me….
    Zodiac :
    Mars : Aquarius
    Venus : Aries
    Mercury : Aquarius
    Moon : Gemini
    Sun : Pisces/Aquarius cusp
    Ascendant(Rising) : Aries
    Chinese Zodiac : Snake

I’d say I am diametrically opposed to the semi blanketed notion the Pisceans are dumb. A very good girl friend of mine has little-to-no Mercury in her chart and she’s Piscean and she’s brilliant. She runs a HR firm and has IQ and EQ in spades. That said I’ve seen more (in my exp) lesser intellectual Capricorns and Taureans than any other sign. That said, I know none of their charts and cannot quantify any data on as to why they are as they are.

I have to say the most powerful sign overall is Scorpio, and they’d make one hell of a spy. I’ve seen a powerful Gemini woman use her sexuality in a mode of power that was unreal.

• I wrote this blog when I first began blogging. Today I’d probably write about the intelligence of each sign. However, I still find Scorpio one of the most brilliant signs. In Chinese astrology, water is the sign of intelligence. It makes sense to me because water sees beyond the surface and combines both analytical intelligence and intuition. I think Aquarius does this as well, but stays a bit more on the mental plane. Aquarian intuition is futuristic.

I’m not aware of Pisces having a reputation for being dumb. Wasn’t Einstein a Pisces?

Back to everyone being intelligent in their own way, I agree Gemini and its opposite Sagittarius are quite intelligent. Both signs, being mutable, however, seem to get in the way of themselves. I think I read once about one of these two signs trying to outsmart itself. I think that’s where the the fixed signs rise above the other two modes (cardinal and mutable). The more I look into charts, the more I’m impressed with fixed sign energy. Maybe that’s why Scorpio and Aquarius stood out more to me – they are fixed and able to convert their intelligence into something visible or understandable.

• Ryan says:

Excellent assessment.

Pisceans, by the perception of the masses is dumb. I (biased) disagree. Einstein was brilliant. 160+ IQ. George Washington was one too, and we know he was NOT dumb.

Drawing a semi blank on other notably famous Pisceans, but the world should not underestimate us; which the do far to often.

Mutable signs to me anyway, potentially can do more in every facet that any Fixed sign. They can wiggle their way into any subject, and similar to Air signs can develop a rapport with others that allow for them to maximize their potential given they way social connections can be formed.

39. derren says:

Once the gemini has learned to control and beam their inner focus with strong discipline, it virtually becomes unmatched on every field it enters.

Gemini has the fastest most creative and intelligent mind.
    The sole problem is that they get bored fast and shift focus but beware, when it has learned discipline they will go undefeated.

• Ryan says:

Gemini with just the right amount of Virgo and Taurus in their charts is this exactly. Being born year of the Ox might assist, too.

Unstoppable.

I 100% concur with your assessment of their vibrant, quick-witted light-speed minds. The one I know was born in the year of the Rooster, with FAR too much Mercury, and was a veritable wrecking-ball IQ-wise; yet she lacked EQ, maturity or vision.

That said, some of my best friends are Gemmy’s, and I love them.

Disclaimer: Pisces

40. Thanks for that exposition. I’m a scorpio and I have always topped my class (with the second person also being a scorpio) but there are three other scorpios in my class that just excel in some subjects and do away with the others.

41. uranus11 says:

The most intelligent person is…

Someone who can excel in a company like Lockheed Martin.
    Someone who thinks like the alleged Illuminati without being a member of a secret society.
    Someone who can construct a framework for the understanding of paranormal phenomena and an engineerable theory on antigravity.
    Someone who can achieve passive income, meet the best people and live the lifestyle of their dreams.

No sign comes closer to being able to achieve any of the above accomplishments than Gemini. Just my humble opinion.

42. I’m a proud scorpio. No bragging but we (scorpios) are the most intelligent of the water signs. Cancer and Pisces, I mean no harm, insult or foul; you run closely after us when it comes to perception.

• Ryan says:

My father is a Scorpio. He’s VERY similar to how you describe yourself. Very, very perceptive, and sneakily deceptive about it too. He seems at times like a person that has tunnel vision, which my perception is merely a colossal ability to concentrate. Me being raised by him, and being Piscean, I can say I possess an ability one step below his in perception and intelligence. To be honest, I possess a greater overall intellect than him(LOTS of Mercury in my chart) and am the only person in his life that can talk on his level or disarm him when his Scorpio vengeance borders on FIRE conjuring. I’ll echo your sentiment that the majority of the Scorpio’s I know have a more “pure” level of intellect. That said, a LOT of them are perceived as inferior in this regard due to the fact Scorpio’s are guarded and no not reveal themselves to hardly anyone. Spend time with one that trusts you and possess an ability to draw out their minds and emotions and one might be surprised at their capabilities. This is why a Scorpio has not equal or match in the realm of being a successful Spook or Spy; as long as they can remain unemotional to their experiences and surroundings. I place Scorpio at 1A abd Pisces(Bias?) at 1B. That said, I’ve know a TON of all three water signs and Cancer is far and away the one that I’ve seen to be the lowest IQ-wise. However, Cancer has the most variance of talents/abilities and potential for greatness. I’ve NEVER met a stupid Pisces. Ever.

43. Apurva says:

Well, most of you are wrong! Scorpio I agree can be the most powerful and attractive sign but please don’t try to mix that with intelligence. Astrologically, it’s proved that Gemini and Virgo tops when it cones to knowledge, wisdom. They’re the most intelligent sign. Virgo is very analytical as well. They are detailed and they have are gifted with a very sharp memory. Geminis are excellent conversationalists, speakers. They think logically and they almost have an idea about everything that you even have not heard of it. So shut up and be impartial and speak up only when you know that what you’re saying is absolutely correct or not!

44. Sukriti says:

This is the correct order from most to least intelligent zodiac signs :-

1. Gemini
    2. Virgo
    3. Aquarius
    4. Pisces
    5. Scorpio
    6. Libra
    7. Leo
    8. Capricorn
    9. Saggitarius
    10. Cancer
    11. Aries
    12. Taurus

45. shahaab says:

Human abilities are spread throught the 12 zodiacs.so no single one is perfect. some are good and skilled in specific abilities while others master in completely different ones.
    the prob.arises when some people tend to make a few of them better than the other.
    This is a blunder and not just mistake.
    A president of a corporation and even a country is not president bcz he is the most perfect of all.

46. shahaab says:

This is a blunder and not just mistake.
    A president of a corporation and even a country is not president bcz he is the most perfect human being of all…
    No!!! He is president because he is good at being in charge of the matters.He can only be a superhuman if he can do everything without anyones advice and help.
    Another thing is that if a person from a particular zodiac is mastering some skill then another person of the same zodiac is seen dumb even in knowing the basics of that very skill !!!.
    Dont we see such example around us ???.
    i don’t point out any of the zodiacs bcz it occurs in all.
    this is called humanitarian attitude.
    by the way i am a cancer.

• I wrote this a long time ago. Today I would write how each sign has its own type of intelligence. From researching for this blog, I do see that leadership is strongest with fixed signs. I say that because you mentioned the president. In the US, I don’t see intelligence as being a criteria for presidency. We seem to want charismatic leadership only.

• shahaab says:

I myself have read alot about the traits of all the zodiacs and i observed them alot in my life.
        i firmly believe that there is no single in particular which can be the perfect one or which inherently possess traits to be better than the other in totality.
        It could only be the charisma of some that possess many people whereby they mistakenly conclude the persons better profile due to his/her zodiac

• shahaab says:

there is no single and strict definition of being intelligent and genious,neither it can guarrentee success in life.even being successful cannot be a Hallmark of a better human being.Also because many of the successful ones had lied,cheated and used the ‘by hook or crook’ method in their way of acheiving success.

In life,Only a wise person has some edge over the others.And again it doesn’t belong to any or some particular zodiac.
        No matter to which one you belong,you can be a wise one if you’re willing to strive for Truth in life and for more appropiate solutions to the hurdles in life.

47. Shirin says:

Funny how ‘ohioastrology’ replies “Where’s your research?” when others here lists signs that are not Scorpio or water signs. But what do you expect? A Scorpio wrote this blog so of course he’s going to list his sign as the smartest.

48. Shirin says:

Just found out this person is a Capricorn. Still, it’s hilarious to see how this person is going around responding “Where’s your research? Where’s your research?!” when this blogger doesn’t even have any research or sources in any of these blog posts.

• shahaab says:

I have encountered many capricorns in life and what i found is that there’s hardly any intelligence in them.
      If you say they are not thinkers they’re doers,then my friend such is the sign of a stupid…no matter how we interpret,such person will remain the same as said.
      They are practicle;a hallmark of an earthy sign.like their other earthy fellows,they learn from their huge mistakes.
      They are not compassionate,they only want to see their thought prevailing,they yearn for power yet in a quite and a diplomatic way.
      Being a hypocryte i’ve seen them lying so much and constantly without any regret and shame …
      They are complainers,they hide their mistakes from others and put blame on others even for their own mistakes.

Yet there is much to a personality than just his/her Sun sign.
      there are many planets involved in making up of a personality.
      One must know which house his sun is ,then moon then venus and then mercury and Mars.
      The problem with sun sign astrology is that it enforces all of mankind into 12 zodiacs with strict principles and measure which is not the case in reality.
      thats why in reality,we see alot of contradictions in personalities of people with reference to their zodiacs.

49. Tu Nguyen says:

My sign is Sagittarius and my IQ is 142 ~ doesn’t matter anyway :)))

50. hugens says:

as far as i seen gemini is the smarest one and i am libra

51. Zequiyox says:

I’m 14 yrs. Old, Scorpio and male

Uses dat dit dit (Morse code), : (braille) and 100010 ( binary/ASCII) for cheating.. I have melancholia, I manipulate people through reverse psychology and can see right through lies I read peoples behavior I excel in academics and people always say since I’m 12 yrs.old I’m advanced compared to my age.(disclaimer: this statement doesn’t serve to boast out what I am)

I speak 6 languages fluent in three

This article serves to point out raw intelligence
    By raw I mean that intelligence that hasn’t been influenced by its environment, say Problems.. Because you can’t just point out a Scorpio is perceptually intelligent it depends on its environment and how it adapts to a new one